Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Accounting Manager Role
The Accounting team at Hive is crucial to the financial health and success of the company as it is responsible for all of our financial and operational processes. As our Accounting Manager, you will work closely with our finance and business teams to provide top-notch guidance and expertise in order to maintain efficiency and accuracy within the accounting department. You will manage and perform general accounting functions such as preparing financial reports and analysis, providing audit support, reconciling bank accounts, reviewing and maintaining ledgers, and assisting with payroll. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide transparency on the overall performance of the company and utilize their knowledge to continually implement measures for improvement.
- Partner with our VP of Finance on accounting functions and operations to create transparency and efficiency within the financial department
- Responsible for accurate accounting of costs, maintaining accurate and complete documentation
- Assist with preparing consolidated account schedules and quarterly reporting packages
- Manage the accounting and analysis of revenue and gross-to-net models
- Assist in modeling forecasted gross-to-net projections to provide insights
- Be an essential part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Execute month-end close activities including analysis, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare, review and provide accurate financial analyses and key performance indicators to the Executive team in a timely manner
- Assist with payroll process and payroll reporting when needed and per union payroll and prevailing wage requirements
- Maintain internal control and safeguards to mitigate risks
- Assist with all local, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time to close and improve accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as required
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm
- CPA certification preferred
- Possess a good sense of financial analysis skills and deep understanding of accounting concepts
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Have demonstrated success in a competitive, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- A critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and consider alternative approaches
- Possess a strong sense of urgency to respond to and address the needs of the company
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?