Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Accounting Clerk Role
The Accounting team at Hive is responsible for the financial health of the company, which is crucial to our long term growth. As an Accounting Clerk, you will work closely with the business development team to ensure accounting functions are running smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for handling confidential and time sensitive material, journal entries, account reconciliations, and filing paperwork. You will assist in accounting and operations personnel to resolve any questions or problems. You will report directly to the Accounting Manager, and will be required to update and maintain financial records, prepare reports, and provide analytical reviews. Our ideal candidate is someone who is organized, detail oriented, and has a strong work ethic. You must be comfortable working with numbers and financial computing software.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Prepare general ledgers such as bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Resolve and verify discrepancies by clients' billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Provide assistance to accounting and operations personnel to help resolve financial questions and/or issues
- Participate in the preparation of month-end tasks such as journals and preparing management reports
- Prepare year-end audit work papers and assist auditors as assigned
- Maintain punctual, regular, and predictable attendance
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 0-2 years of work experience, preferably in accounting, accounts payable or bookkeeping
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- Highly ambitious in achieving goals and hungry to learn
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- Intellectually curious, high attention to detail, and problem solver
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $50,000 - $60,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?