People Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
People Operations Manager
Hive is looking for a dedicated and self-motivated People Operations Manager to join our People Team. We are building a team of world class talent and are looking for an organizational powerhouse who can collaborate with multiple internal teams and stakeholders. You will manage our full employee life-cycle, including onboarding, internal operations and employee experience. As the People Operations Manager, you will have a front row seat and a direct impact on the next phase of our growth. Our ideal candidate is passionate about innovation and takes initiative to ensure the health and growth of our employees.
- Serve as a crucial point of contact between executive leadership and employees
- Manage all People Operations functions, such as onboarding / offboarding, benefit & compensation administration, visa-related requests, payroll, time off requests, and performance management
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
- Supervise and oversee the entirety of office functions (e.g. inventory, catering, trips, budgeting, and more)
- Build and implement a system to support an inclusive and diverse community throughout the company
- Facilitate and lead employee relations activities, including conducting internal audits and disciplinary meetings
- Plan and direct employee engagement events, which promote a high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven culture
- Maintain industry leading practices to foster a best in class workforce and culture of security and compliance
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of Human Resources / People Operations experience, preferably at a high-growth tech company / start-up
- Experience building, maintaining and presenting HR data analytics
- High emotional and social intelligence with experience fostering positive, strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Passionate about people and how they function together to create a valuable organization
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.