Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Sales Development Representative Role
At Hive, our Business Development Team is instrumental in driving the company’s growth. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be part of this centralized team, tackling high priority challenges and forming key strategic partnerships. You’ll work closely with our Business Development Team to develop new methods of demand generation, learning the ins and outs of our products in the process. Day to day, you’ll craft targeted outreach approaches and collaborate with our research analysts to source prospective clients. You will be expected to effectively manage a high volume inbox, as well as apply strong quantitative skills to analyze research priorities, sales metrics, and demand generation strategies. You’ll be the first point of contact between Hive AI and its prospects, and part of the full-service special forces team that is willing to do anything and everything needed to move the business forward.
- Work closely with Hive’s business development and market research teams to identify key market opportunities and source clients
- Set research priorities for our market research team; communicate goals effectively and provide helpful feedback along the way
- Conduct targeted, thoughtful outreach to prospects and move leads smoothly into the sales pipeline
- Send follow-up emails and check back in on previous conversations as needed
- Track sales and outreach metrics, reporting crucial takeaways to your team each week
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have 0-2 years of work experience
- You take initiative to direct your own days, identify worthwhile projects, and take actionable steps to accomplish goals
- You possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, and are an effective communicator
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- You are resilient and the idea of rejection doesn’t scare you; you’re the type of person who is motivated by a challenge
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are energetic, resourceful, and do what it takes to get the job done
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $60,000 - $85,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.