Business Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Business Operations Manager Role
Hive is looking for a strong leader to provide direction, insight, and strategy across the board. As a business operations manager at Hive, you will work closely with our executive team to provide support in a variety of key activities, including improvement of key processes, implementation of systems and structure, development of company and team productivity metrics, and project management and execution of client projects. Our ideal candidate has strong generalist skills and a proven background of leadership. They are able to step into any role and help out with any project as needed. A passion for startups and AI is a must.
- Manage our bus ops activities by setting achievable short-term and long-term goals
- Implement effective reporting and productivity goals for company teams, ensuring metrics are useful, visible, and streamlined
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and execute client projects flawlessly through collaboration with business and engineering team members
- Actively look for ways to improve upon and optimize existing procedures, systems, and processes
- Own and manage the risk and security of your business function in coordination with the Security Team
- Act as a generalist in getting anything and everything done to help the company grow; anticipate challenges, react promptly and calmly to necessary changes, and ease our growing pains
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 3-5 years of work experience at a top consulting or banking organization
- You have a strong history of leadership; you take initiative and manage others in a way that promotes growth and efficiency
- You have client-facing experience and a proven ability to engage with customers when necessary
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- You are energetic, resourceful, and driven, and have the ownership to thrive in an unstructured environment
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.