Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Business Development Associate Role
We are looking for talented candidates to join our Business Development team. At Hive, our Business Development team is responsible for commercial deployment of all the groundbreaking technology we have built at Hive. This Business Development Associate will work closely with the CEO to develop new relationships with clients as well as cultivate existing ones. Day to day, you will connect with existing and potential clients in all industries and deliver on Hive’s offerings to a broad range of Fortune 500 companies and advertisers. You are constantly executing on projects and fostering growth. You will be expected to keep up with multiple accounts at a time and apply your strong quantitative skills to analyze priorities, metrics, and client solutions and strategies. You are both the foundation and the catalyst for Hive Enterprise, and you are a key reference for our existing clients and are relentless in delivering on our innovative capabilities. Our Business Development team is a full-service special forces team that is willing to do anything and everything needed to move the business forward.
- Interface directly with clients to address their key business questions and needs
- Own and manage all aspects of client projects and delivery; serve as the critical bridge between our clients and our product teams
- Execute and advise on innovative solutions for clients in all verticals, including media, retail, security, and industrials
- Collaborate with machine learning and engineering teams in developing solutions that work for the client
- Enhance awareness in the targeted business community of Hive and our products / services
- Collaborate with other members of the sales team to define projects and client offerings
- Collaborate with the executive and business teams, as well as engineering, to create client presentations and execute deal documents
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have 2-4 years of work experience in management consulting
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have taken classes in computer science, have some hands-on experience in software engineering, or a deep interest in machine learning
- You have demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- You are highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You’re driven; no one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $120,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?