Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions to understand, search, and generate content, and is trusted by hundreds of the world's largest and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
We are looking for a seasoned Account Executive to join our Business Development team. At Hive, our Business Development team is responsible for commercial deployment of all the groundbreaking technology we are building at Hive. As an Account Executive, you will work closely with the executive team to develop new relationships, evaluate new markets, and identify means of growth. Day to day, you will connect with existing and potential clients, communicate our solutions to a broad range of audiences, and break down barriers in the enterprise market. You will be expected to keep up with multiple accounts at a time and serve as a key reference for our existing clients. You will apply your strong quantitative skills to analyze priorities, metrics, and demand generation strategies in order to relentlessly pursue new leads. Our Business Development team is a full-service special forces team that is willing to do anything and everything needed to move the business forward.
- Partner with Business Development Team to research, identify, and generate new business opportunities in order to build and manage a robust sales funnel
- Thoroughly analyze target markets for key use verticals, and execute effective sales tactics to drive expansion opportunities within both existing and potential customer base
- Host events to nurture existing client relations as well as enhance awareness of Hive’s products/services to new markets
- Work closely with Hive’s senior leadership team to build and maintain alignment on business priorities
- Manage complex sales process end-to-end, from lead generation to negotiating deals to onboarding, while providing excellent customer service
- Maintain confidentiality and data quality for large volumes of opportunities within Hubspot CRM
- Provide market/client feedback to the engineering and product teams to fuel future product growth
- Consistently hitting and exceeding quarterly and yearly sales quotas by growing existing accounts and closing new deals
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have 4+ years of work experience selling cloud-based software products, preferably at a high growth start-up or large enterprise
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- You have a deep interest in machine learning and AI
- You are successful in building relationships; you are customer obsessed
- You are highly self-motivated and have demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; commissions and stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!