Data Center Technician
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2023
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Data Center Technician
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with hardware and facilities operations experience to be part of our growing team. Our Hive machine learning systems run on our own data centers with hybrid emphases on high-performance GPU and AWS resources. The scope of your responsibility will include maintaining Hive’s existing data centers as well as building out future centers as we commercialize our machine learning models and continue to grow our enterprise SaaS offerings.
As a Data Center Technician at Hive, you’ll act as an essential part of our team to install, configure, test, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the hardware and server software that allows all of our powerful AI solutions to run. You’ll help support the delivery of cutting edge technologies and act as the foundational engineer for our engineering teams by keeping infrastructure centers up and in optimal working. While this job will require manual movement and lifting of heavy equipment, you will be uniquely able to work closely with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of the growing AI industry. Our ideal candidate will thrive in unstructured environments and take pride in their infrastructure and its performance.
- Install and upgrade data center equipment racks, including but not limited to switches, routers, monitoring systems and other large scale networking gear
- Monitor, audit, and perform ongoing diagnostics, maintenance, and/or decommissioning on existing and new data center servers and network infrastructure
- Maintain integration and deployment tooling
- Participate in on-call rotation and root cause analysis as needed to respond to server, network, and hardware issues as they arise
- Maintain an inventory and event logs of data center processes
- Complete assigned tickets to uphold tight SLA’s and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent practical experience and knowledge of various Linux Distros
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in data center environments, operations, IT, or related fields
- Ability to work long and/or on-call shifts that may include evenings/nighttimes, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to physically lift equipment at least 50 pounds
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot intricate terminal systems, swap out failed components, and repair servers (discrete/rack-based)
- Knowledge of the installation of software and firmware updates, OS, PXE
- Familiarity with RAID, SAN, x86 architecture, Command Line Interface, Boot Processes, GRUB/LILO, File Systems, network device and protocol configuration
- RMA processing and coordination with the Logistics Team
- Handle storage media/Data Bearing Device (DBD) Reconcile/Physical Audits
- Flexibility to travel to various data centers as needed
- Excitement and passion for the exciting field of AI and machine learning!
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA (Server+, Network+) or CCNP
- Networking: TCP / IP, ICMP, SSH, DNS, HTTP, SSL / TLS, Storage systems, RAID, distributed file systems, NFS / iSCSI / CIFS
- Core OS Services: SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Experience with NVIDIA GPU linux software stack
- Configuration Management - Chef
- Version Control - Github
- Containerization - Docker
- Container Orchestrators - Mesosphere/Kubernetes
- Virtualization - QEMU/KVM
- Network hardware - Arista/Cisco/Fortinet
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 to $120,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?