Security Compliance Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2022
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Security Compliance Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated Security Compliance Manager with a deep security and compliance background to lead system development and process improvement. As part of Hive’s Security Team, you will collaborate with engineers and auditors to meet security compliance controls as well as enhance security compliance capabilities.
As a Security Compliance Manager, you will oversee the execution of our Information Security program for evaluating compliance with industry standards (ISO, SOC), federal regulations, and customer contractual requirements. You will have complete ownership and accountability of programs from start to finish, aimed at improving the Hive Company personnel screening compliance and risk monitoring. The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with both technology and business leaders across the organization at all levels. You will drive consensus among stakeholders and verify that controls are effective, or remediated to become effective.
- Manage Hive’s current risk management program
- Manage external and internal audits, including reviewing materials that require attention for accuracy and properly adhering to regulatory expectations
- Implement ISMS in coordination with executive and mid-level management
- Develop reports that capture key business trends, highlights, lowlights, and metrics as the compliance programs are conducted. Provide status, recommended updates, and detailed metrics and evidence
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to identify process improvements and efficiencies in areas of change management, access management and general technology process controls
- Provide compliance, risk, and controls expertise to support information security and compliance initiatives
- Protect the business by assisting with cyber security risk assessments
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Manage a comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance program
- Adhere to and champion policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Manage external security, privacy, and compliance requirements, including both internal requirements for vendors as well as external requirements placed on Hive
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches
- Define, develop, implement, and maintain our policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices that minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected information, paper and/or electronic, across all media types and comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Support Hive’s security review process from beginning to end by identifying all necessary internal stakeholders based on the request (e.g., security survey, audit, review), assembling relevant and appropriate documentation, drafting responses, scheduling and leading calls/meetings, and communicating follow-up activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for information security principles and practices (especially as they pertain to vendors and cloud security), and promoting a culture of security throughout the firm
- Interface with staff throughout the firm to facilitate the efficient and secure use of technology services
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Minimum 4+ years experience related to conducting risk-based assessment for information systems and/or operations
- Minimum 1+ years experience running a comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance program
- Minimum 2+ years experience leading industry standard (ISO 27001 or SOC 1/2) audits from either side
- Strong knowledge of applicable privacy laws (CCPA/CPRA, GDPR)
- Thorough understanding of vulnerability management, penetration testing, and attack simulations
- Experience supporting enterprise-wide Security Compliance programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize control gaps and audit findings
- Ability to communicate in a written and oral format to technical and non-technical audiences in a business-friendly manner
- Demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- Driven; no one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- Hungry to learn and actively look for opportunities to contribute
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $140,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
See more open positions at Hive
Something looks off?