Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2022
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with information security experience who is willing to collaborate with others to build the best in class security program. As a Security Engineer at Hive, you will work to protect sensitive company information, handle potential data breaches, and implement strong security and data governance controls. You will work at multiple levels within the organization to lead and participate in security operations, risk assessments, incident responses, and project maintenance. Our ideal candidate should be able to work cross functionally with engineering teams to help deliver on product objectives and drive foundational changes in order to improve the overall security posture of the company. A passion for AI is a must.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Partner with multiple engineering teams on internal and customer-facing security and privacy initiatives while ensuring that security data accessibility, quality, and reliability are taken into account
- Analyze our security posture, identify gaps/potential vulnerabilities, and work closely with other teams to ensure strong operational security by conducting security tests
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Ability to communicate in a written and oral format to technical and non-technical audiences in a business-friendly manner
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $100,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
Employees are eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance. Employees are also eligible to participate in a gym membership as part of our commitment to employee wellness. In addition, employees will be entitled to paid vacation in accordance with the Company's vacation policy.
Hired applicant may receive an equity grant in the form of an option to purchase stock in the future for a specified price.