Legal Counsel (Remote)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
As Counsel for Telnyx, you will work together with the rest of the legal team and management to assist with Telnyx’s global legal operations, as well as facilitate processes across many squads within Telnyx: growth, vendor relations, recruiting, regulatory, among others, and work efficiently to put Telnyx in the best possible position for the future.
Telnyx has operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Accordingly, there is a significant international component to this role. You will have a substantial voice in shaping the future of legal at a fast-paced high-growth technology company, and you will have extensive opportunities to grow the depth and breadth of your skills. A strong fundamental understanding of commercial contracts and talent at drafting and other writing are essential for this role.
In This Role You Will
- Respond to contract requests and needs from within the organization, including a particular focus on vendor agreements, and with the interops/vendor relations team as “client”, manage and respond to such vendor contract requests and lead such vendor contracts to closing.
- With the growth team as “client”, manage and respond to customer contract requests and lead customer contracts to closing.
- With the internal requesting party as “client”, manage and respond to outgoing and incoming NDA negotiation requests.
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document commercial leases, architect/contractor agreements and development agreements for the company’s offices globally together with jurisdictionally-specific outside counsel where appropriate.
- With management as “client”, negotiate and document business life-cycle contracts such as equity and debt financing documents.
- Collaborative field ad-hoc commercial contract requests to ensure prompt and efficient unblocking of commercial efforts.
- Develop and improve legal processes (including managing third-party subpoena responses) as well as create and update company form agreements.
- Research and apply law that applies to the ever-changing business and create documentation and processes to support compliance (e.g. retention policies, security, privacy).
- Maintain, enhance, and when appropriate, replace, legal software tooling.
- Effectively and professionally source and manage outside counsel and interact extensively with third parties.
- Telnyx frequently has occasion to source and manage outside counsel, both domestically and abroad. In-house counsel will need to regularly perform RFPs among existing and novel outside service providers to ensure quality outside counsel.
- In-house counsel will interface with Telnyx lenders and investors and should be prepared to interact as the face and/or voice of the company while maintaining company confidentiality.
- Telnyx is a next-generation international communications service provider. A willingness to dig-in on the regulatory side and think critically and creatively about how to ensure we are compliant while simultaneously nimble is essential to continuing to scale. In-house counsel will partner with the General Counsel and management to craft and support these efforts.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- 0-3 years of experience as an attorney (transactional preferred)
- Hold a juris doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Hold a state bar license from a state in the United States
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?