Technical Operations Manager (Remote)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
Telnyx is looking for a Director of Technical Operations to be responsible for ensuring business continuity and service excellence in a rapidly evolving, highly technical environment. The ideal candidate needs to have both great technical skills to find solutions themselves but also inspiring leadership capacity to grow the team and improve the quality of services.
- Lead the Security and IT Operations teams.
- Own the security and procedures related to the management of our compliance frameworks.
- Monitoring of compliance of all applications: trace issues proactively, triage and liaise with Product Owners till solutions are deployed to improve service quality.
- Ensure compliance with standards like ISO 27001, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, etc. and oversee adherence.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure adherence to service agreements and compliance requirements.
- Evaluate and monitor vendor performance concerning security and regulatory compliance.
- Identify potential risks and implement measures with stakeholders to mitigate them.
- Own, manage and improve the security and compliance processes within Telnyx.
- Supervise the 3rd Level / Technical Support function servicing internal end-users: receive escalated tickets, investigate, provide solutions according to the SLAs.
- Maintain and optimize office technologies to ensure their reliability and functionality.
- Plan and execute upgrades to meet evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain plans to recover IT Operations systems in events of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Provide permanent improvement plans.
- Make reports to clients and management.
- Introduce tools, processes and best practices to improve security and operations.
- Improve knowledge transfer & business continuity by diligent documentation.
- Hire, onboard, mentor and lead by example the technical operations team
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in similar roles.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a strong technical background.
- Experience in the technology stack we use: Linux, Python, Microservices, nginx, RabbitMQ, SQL, CI/CD, Git, Graylog, Dockers, Kubernetes.
- Experience in compliance frameworks such as SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA, PCI.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Can-do attitude and strong leadership skills with a proven track record of bringing results though leading teams.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, as well as high attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly identify the needs of the business and respond accordingly.
- Available on-call out-of-office hours (in case of emergencies)
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?