Product Support Engineer: APAC - Weekend Warrior (Remote Friendly)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and make a difference in a growing, innovative company.
In This Role You Will
- Troubleshoot VoIP/SIP calls and RTP packets using Wireshark and our internal tools to help customers or vendors identify call issues.
- Replicate API issues reported by customers using Postman and either solve or escalate said issues to the appropriate teams.
- Analyze T.30(passthrough fax tones) and T.38 Fax over IP packets using our internal tools and Wireshark to troubleshoot faxing issues.
- Run live packet captures from cloud servers on the Linux terminal.
- Familiarize yourself with our API and VoIP based products in order to help customers with their setup inquiries.
- Monitor operational pager alerts in an efficient and timely manner.
- Improve customer self service through better processes and documentation.
- Troubleshoot customer and vendor concerns quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest standards of professional customer service.
- Liaise with your technical peers for resolution of escalated cases.
- SIP, RTP, T.38 and other Fax over IP and Voice over IP Protocol knowledge.
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to assess problems and explain solutions.
- Continually looking to solve problems.
- Understand issues and requirements well in order to provide solutions.
- Outgoing and socially interactive.
- A self starter looking to assist at any moment and to take the initiative.
- Balancing daily workload and multi-tasker who can effectively prioritize work.
- Experience in a product support/application role.
- Voice over IP experience with the SIP signalling protocol or other related telephony protocols.
- An understanding of general web technologies such as API/SDK's.
- Experience working with SMS over SIP SIMPLE, SMPP or HTTP(API requests).
- Confidence with technology and the Internet.
- A natural curiosity and experience in applying technology to resolve customer issues.
- Wireshark for network packet analysis.
- Postman for API troubleshooting.
- Linux and the Linux terminal.
- Tshark to do live captures from the Linux terminal.
- Metabase, Graylog and Jira.
Working Shift Setup
- 5 day week: 9 hour shift with 1 hour break.
- Saturday & Sunday is a set working day.
- Working days for this role would be Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
- Rest days would be Wednesday and Thursday.
- 8am Friday to 5pm Tuesday in Wellington, New Zealand
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?