Wireless Cloud Engineer - (FOSS) (Fully Remote)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
- We are looking for a Mobile Telecoms professional with a passion for the industry and its opportunities, particularly in the IoT market. You are intimately familiar with 3GPP specifications and have kept up to date with new and upcoming technologies across the SIM, RAN and Core. You are an excellent problem solver with a strong bias for collaboration and rapid, iterative development.
The opportunity is within the Core Wireless team which is responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of all mobile network infrastructure elements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Virtualised Packet Core design and implementation with a focus on IMS services.
- IMS solution design and implementation
- Roaming integration for VoLTE with partners
- Liaising with equipment vendors to ensure VoLTE carrier settings are available on handsets
- Liaising with SIM manufacturer to ensure all necesary settings are applied correctly to support VoLTE, VoWifi and IP-SMS
Who we’re looking for
- A deep understanding of Mobile protocols and interfaces
- Experience in the design and implementation of commercial IoT/M2M solutions
- Experience in the design and deployment of IMS services from the ground up particularly in roaming senarios
- Direct experience in the deployment of Open5GS components
- E2E understanding of and experience with IMS call flows for VoLTE, VoWifi and IP-SMS
- Experience in making code contributions to the Telco OpenSource community
Bonus points for
- K8s,AWS EC2, Virtual Networking, Python and Go experience a plus.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?