Solutions Engineer (Hybrid)
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work closely with the rest of the sales team to introduce Telnyx Solutions to our customers. You’ll do that by delivering technical presentations, demonstrations, and educating customers’ technical champions. You will be a technical matter expert in all portfolios, helping prospects and partners by explaining technical features and be their problem-solving reference removing any potential roadblocks to close a deal. The Solutions Engineer, or Sales Engineer, is part of the sales team, bridging Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives with the Product Engineering team.
You are familiar with modern networking technology and architecture. You’ve likely worked with technologies like SIP, 5G, LTE, and others. You may be a recent Web Development bootcamp grad with previous sales or support experience looking to leverage and hone your new skills. You’re comfortable learning & demonstrating technologies to diverse audiences ranging from product managers to CTOs/CEOs.
- Recommend integration strategies, solution architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement solutions with Telnyx’s VoIP technologies and products
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge and understanding of Telnyx existing and future products and services.
- Partner with the Telnyx Sales team by owning all technical aspects of the opportunity.
- Technically qualify business opportunities, raise key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers with the product engineering team.
- Support the technical relationship with Telnyx customers, including product and solution demos, proof-of-concept work
- partner directly with the engineering team to prioritize new features and technical developments.
- Work to demonstrate and prototype Telnyx product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Travel to customer sites, attend trade shows, and other events as needed.
What we are looking for
- Solid understanding of the underlying VOIP infrastructure
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, IoT, Networking, or Storage
- Great communication skills, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ years of business experience with at least 2 years in a client facing sales, presales, consulting, or technical architect roles (preferably selling cloud solutions to support, sales, or marketing organizations).
- A combination of hands-on technical skills and business acumen.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Experience as technical sales engineering or as solutions consultant in cloud enterprise environments.
- Exposure to CPaaS technologies and/or next generation carriers is a big plus.
- Experience building full stack applications with any modern programming language.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?