Senior Procurement Manager
In the cloud, every second counts. On the leading edge of security, Sysdig stops attacks in real time by instantly detecting changes in cloud security risk with runtime insights and open source Falco. We are passionate open source enthusiasts at heart and technical problem-solvers who are continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure cloud-native applications.
We value diverse opinions and open dialogue to spur ideas. We believe in working closely together to achieve our goals, and since our launch, we have been flexible with when and where we work. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across remote teams.
And we’re a great place to work too – we’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and we won six workplace awards from Comparably this year. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest-growing organizations for the last four years.
We are looking for driven team members who want to join us on our mission to lead cloud security globally. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig’s Senior Procurement Manager is a strategic hire that will be instrumental in supporting business partners with the insight they need to make great decisions. As a key member of the finance team you will support business partners on the negotiation of contracts. You will also support the business in developing systems and tools strategy to drive efficiency. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing, procurement operations, and travel and entertainment and drive efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality, and compliance with company policies and regulations.
What will you do:
- Develop and execute procurement policies and strategies to optimize supplier selection;
- Driving cost savings, return on investment and efficiency;
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, and establish long-term relationships with key vendors;
- Support the business with quarterly business reviews for larger more strategic vendors;
- Draft, review, and manage procurement contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and company requirements;
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the accounting team by providing guidance, coaching, and performance evaluations;
- Ensure all procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies;
- Develop KPIs and prepare and present procurement reports and key performance indicators to senior management;
- Own the systems strategy for procurement and ensure tools are fit for scale;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement best practices to enhance procurement efficiency and effectiveness.
What you will bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field.
- 7 years of progressive experience in procurement, preferable with a SaaS company
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making capabilities.
- Certification in supply chain management or procurement (e.g., CSCP) is a plus.
We would love for you to join us! Please reach out even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description. We can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your background and passion will set you apart, especially if your career is unconventional.
Sysdig values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Sysdig is an equal-opportunity employer. Sysdig does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
The U.S. annual base salary range for this full-time position is between $143,000 and $179,000 USD per year. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.