Software Engineer II, App Dev
Software Engineer - II - App Dev
Build state of the art content, integrations and solutions providing Sumo Logic customers with insights on the health of operations and/or security posture of their infrastructure & services. The AppDev team is responsible for providing “out of the box” dashboards, monitors, searches, solutions and integrations that customers leverage from day 1 of their Sumo Service experience. These items are a major factor why customers adopt Sumo and gain immediate leverage from day 1.
- Design & develop content such as dashboards, monitors and searches for the Sumo Logic platform to provide security detection, monitoring, and analytics capabilities for our customers
- Create the next-generation suite of monitoring, analytics for logs, security and metrics applications.
- Design, Develop next-gen observability solutions
- Work with several groups within the company (product management, product engineering, customer service, sales engineering) as well as customers and technical partners.
- Package and build content into Sumo Logic provided applications, and create automation scripts for these applications via Terraform or AWS CloudFormation or helm chart based on Sumo Logic’s API.
- Manage the application development lifecycle from requirements through development, to QA and public release.
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to improve overall customer experience and product quality
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- You are a software engineer with 2-3+ years of experience.
- Ability to write regular expressions or SQL queries.
- Experience with some of the following: major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), automation frameworks (Puppet/Chef), Docker, server virtualization.
- Experience writing scripts in at least one of the following languages: Python, Node.js, Unix shells.
- Good to have exposure to one or more of the AWS cloudformation, terraform, kubernetes, open telemetry
- Exposure in any Object Oriented Language (JAVA, GO), CI/CD Tools.
- Understanding the performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Excellent communication skills and able to represent the team to internal and external facing teams.
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its SaaS analytics platform. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.