Software Engineer II, Business Enablement
As a Backend Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing advanced mechanisms to build massive amounts of machine-generated data from heterogeneous systems in real time. You will build asynchronous systems with high levels of concurrency, multithreading, and parallel programming. The Business Enablement engineering team works closely with the Product, Product Management, Provisioning, Finance, Customer Success, etc functions to generate and build business values.
You are a strong software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution than you would as individuals. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage large amount of customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Help manage exabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, Mesos, Spark and Docker!
- BTech., B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 2+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery if you only have a B.S. degree.
- Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Understand performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org).
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
- Enjoy working in an environment where stuffed squirrels and rubber bands are occasionally hurled at you.
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its SaaS analytics platform. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.