Software Engineer - I - QE
Software Engineer - I - QE
Sumo Logic is a cloud-native SaaS data analytics platform, that solves complex observability and security problems. Customers choose our product because it allows them to easily monitor, optimize, and secure their applications, systems, and infrastructures.
Our microservices architecture hosted on AWS ingests petabytes of data daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
What can you expect to do?
You will have ownership of creating and executing test plans and developing test strategies for critical system components and be responsible for analyzing test coverage, creating test cases, and coordinating review and feedback from the cross-functional team. You will help bridge the gap between development and quality assurance.
Our system is a highly distributed, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding-edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis, and is expected to reach a substantially larger scale in the near future.
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases for UI testing or/and backend testing
- Contribute actively towards scalable Automation strategy & execution
- Participate in functional, system, and regression testing activities
- Work closely with development teams to ensure exceptional test coverage
- Estimate and perform risk analysis on large features during sprint planning meetings
- Report project status defects report and verification, and issue escalation in a timely manner
- Bachelors/Master in Computer Science or or Information Technology
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment a plus
- Experience with object-oriented languages, for example in Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, or C#
- Experience in working with Unix/Windows operating systems
- Familiar with QA processes
- Passion for testing with a “break it” mentality
- Passion for cutting-edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Experience with testing large-scale systems
- 0 - 2 years of work experience
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus
- Familiar with test tools such as TestRails, Jira, JMeter, Selenium, etc
- Ability to understand the Sumo Logic backend architecture in depth
- Experience with Enterprise grade SaaS products
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its SaaS analytics platform. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.