Internal Communications Director
Internal Communications Director
Effective internal communication is critical for keeping employees focused and engaged in working for a common purpose. A dedicated Internal Communications Director maintains a clear and active line of communication among all departments, and across the broader organization. They monitor the communication flow in the organization to ensure timely and efficient communication of important company objectives.
Reporting to the VP of Operations & Engagement - the Internal Communications Director oversees internal communications strategies, channels and methods that advance Sumo Logic’s communications goals internally. They will develop and drive the strategy in how we share information across the company, including developing messages and campaigns on behalf of leadership. They will oversee the flow of efficient and timely communications in the workplace, maintain an active and clear communication line across different departments, disseminate reports and communication letters, and devise strategies to improve Sumo Logic’s communications processes.
- Develop Internal Comms framework, strategy and roadmap addressing key touch points between Executives and employees, ensuring effectiveness in methods of communication, cadence and approach
- Support internal marketing and planning on upcoming important internal events and trainings
- Build and own a communications program that consistently encourages, informs and engages Sumo Logic employees
- Lead and facilitate communications moments, including company meetings such as Town Halls, Senior Leadership meetings, “Ask me Anything” sessions and internal company-wide announcements
- Develop and execute Executive communications plan
- Draft materials for the executive team and Global HR, including people centric program announcements, emails, presentations, and speeches
- Business partner and influence leadership and senior stakeholders on internal communication best practices, approach and messaging
- Work closely with Customer Success and Marketing to promote alignment on customer experience stories internally
- Identify specific ways to enhance existing Internal Communications and Engagement tools; constantly exploring and testing new ideas
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the business structure of Sumo Logic, as well as target audiences and business objectives
- Liaise with communications, social media & recruitment teams to produce and distribute content via Sumo Logic social media/external channels
- Maintain company-wide communications schedule and publish operational calendar annually to stakeholders
- Create content for newsletters, internal websites, videos, and email communications that drive energy and engagement of employees
- History of success managing “performance-based” communications programs (being able to link communications programs to business results)
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to create engaging content that aligns with our brand; you’re comfortable using business productivity and collaboration tools to drive employee comms
- You have 8+ years of communications experience with 5+ years in an internal communications role with direct responsibility for facilitation and content development
- You’re a strong writer and verbal communicator, with experience measuring the success/ROI of employee communications programs
- Proven ability to create and implement comprehensive communications programs that support a corporate strategy and drive employee engagement
- Experience working with C-suite Executives and across different functions and teams to get to a common solution or deliverable
- You are a natural self-starter and expert collaborator who is excited to lead an important function for the company
- Extensive experience with G-suite portfolio and other communications tools/systems
- Bachelor's degree in Communications management or equivalent work experience
- Experience in SaaS industry strongly preferred
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
The expected annual base salary for this position is $165,000. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible to participate in our bonus or commission plans, as well as our benefits offerings, and equity awards. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience.