Senior Software Engineer I, QE
Who Are We?
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds.
After being in hyper growth for the last few years, Sumo Logic became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Exchange in September 2020.
More than 2,100 customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.
What can you expect to do?
You will have ownership of creating and executing test plans and developing test strategy for critical system components and be responsible for analyzing test coverage, creating test cases and coordinating review and feedback from the cross-functional team. You will help bridge the gap between development and quality assurance.
Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis, and is expected to reach substantially larger scale in the near future.
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases for UI testing or/and backend testing
- Contribute actively towards scalable Automation strategy & execution
- Participate in functional, system, and regression testing activities
- Work closely with development teams to ensure exceptional test coverage
- Estimate and perform risk analysis on large features during sprint planning meetings
- Report project status defects report and verification, and issue escalation in a timely manner
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or or Information Technology
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment a plus
- Experience with object-oriented languages, for example in Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, or C#
- Experience in working with Unix/Windows operating systems
- Familiar with QA processes
- Passion for testing with a “break it” mentality
- Passion for cutting-edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Experience with testing large scale systems
- 3-4 years of work experience
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus
- Familiar with test tools such as TestRails, Jira, JMeter, Selenium, etc
- Ability to understand the Sumo Logic backend architecture in depth
- Experience with Enterprise grade SaaS products