Senior Software Engineer- Platform UI
Senior Software Engineer - Platform UI (100% remote from US or Canada)
As a senior frontend engineer in the Platform UI team, you will integrate and unify observability and security products to empower our customers to rapidly create high-quality analyses that enable them to react in real-time to events and incidents. This role is for a candidate with at least 6 years of professional experience in Software Development. The Platform UI team creates and maintains UI components and experiences that offer a competitive advantage for our customers by giving them flexible, discoverable tools that enable them to pursue their own analytics vision. You will take a leadership role on our scrum team and collaborate with others including UX designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Build a rich user interface primarily for our mission-critical high-availability analytics platform using React and TypeScript.
- Participate in user experience design, and architecture initiatives and lead regular code reviews with a major focus on ease of use, visual appeal, re-usability, and performance.
- Mentor junior engineers and improve software development processes.
- Instrument and measure UI performance with well-defined SLIs to provide a best-in-class experience for customers.
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices
- Evaluate, test, and provide technology and design recommendations to management
- Write detailed design documents and documentation on system design and implementation
- Promote cross-team awareness to optimize code-sharing and decrease time to market.
- Take ownership in breaking down requirements into technical tasks and help estimate timelines.
- Maintain large scale systems such as our design system, unified nav, build pipeline and more!
Required Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Expertise in modern webapp building and testing frameworks (e.g. Webpack, Jest, Karma, Cypress)
- Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Automation and Quality (CI/CD)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience leading projects and mentoring engineers
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones
- Comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Team player, able to take and give constructive feedback and apply (from code reviews to 1-1s)
- 4+ years of experience in the design, development, and use of component-based architectures, preferably with React and Redux
- Familiarity with full stack web app development using Node.js, Next, Remix, or GraphQL
- Experience being a team lead of 3+ people
- Experience building, contributing to and/or maintaining mature design systems
- Experience/exposure to Jenkins jobs and build pipelines
Sumo Logic, Inc., empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its SaaS analytics platform. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. The base pay range for this position is $155,000- $210,000 with a 10% bonus paid every 6 months.
- Health, Dental, Vision- Insurance
- 401k and Life Insurance options
- Unlimited PTO with 15+ days of recognized holidays
- Quarterly Wellness days
- 100% remote with option to be in office if you want (Bay Area, Austin, Denver, NYC)
- 3 months of paid parental leave