Senior Backend Engineer I
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable, multi-tenant backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Own, analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, reliability and cost of our backend systems.
- Write robust & re-usable code.
- Works on problems of medium to high complexity through expert usage of non-standard concepts and principles
- Lead engineering design & code reviews.
- Responsible for the quality of work of junior engineers within the team.
- Work as a member of a cross geo team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Act as a primary on-call for owned services, responding to service degradations in a timely manner.
- Evaluate requirements, define technical specifications, estimate development costs, review design and communicate to stakeholders.
- B.Tech, M.Tech, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership
- Experience in building backend services for handling data at large scale.
- Understand the performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Experience in big data / 24x7 commercial service / planet scale product development
- Experience in agile software development (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development)
- Experience using Sumo Logic products or other observability products for reliability and security
Sumologic, headquartered in Redwood City, California, has both in-office and remote locations worldwide. In India, the company operates entirely remotely, enabling them to hire top talent across the country. Despite being remote, Sumologic values building a close-knit team and organizes regular team meet-ups to foster a strong synergy among its employees.
The company also emphasizes its strong learning culture, which supports its engineers in delivering top-notch products with cutting-edge technology while also upskilling them and helping them achieve their career goals.
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture hosted on AWS ingests petabytes of data daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
SumoLogic empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications.
You will be working remotely with occasional team meetups. To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)