Senior Software Engineer - Rightsholder Foundation
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We believe rightsholders, not ticketing companies, should have full control over the tools they use and partners they choose within their ticket-selling ecosystem. Third-parties make that ecosystem better – from tools that provide analytics, data visualization, dynamic pricing, and more – and our flexible, open platform makes those integrations possible.
We're looking for bright, curious builders who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment by improving and modernizing our enterprise ticketing product. The ticketing industry is messy, complex and makes attending live events more difficult than it is; we believe a thoughtful application of software can fix that.
What you'll do
In the modern world of SaaS, rightsholders’ expectations of our ticketing platform are higher than ever; high availability, rich and performant API’s and seamless integrations whilst processing hundreds of millions of requests a month. Enabling the SeatGeek Enterprise organization to do all of this is the mission of the Rightholders Edge team.
- Define endpoint architecture and align on usage of CDN, WAF, DDoS protection, throttles, standard auth n/z, allowing teams to be more autonomous on modernizing their APIs in a safe and scalable manner
- Modernizing API gateways to provide observability, rate limiting, advanced routing, HA, whilst simplifying and standardizing our SaaS provisioning
- Swap out the engine while the plane is flying: replace and update critical components of both software and hardware architecture in an uptime-critical setting
- Evaluate new technologies and improve our software stack to maintain our technological edge
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in software development, especially in architecting and implementing high-load complex cloud-based applications
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and comfortable with several others (such as Golang, c#, python, java)
- Working knowledge in CDN architecture, Web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies (Advantageous)
- You are opinionated on how scalable and reliable systems are structured, communicate with each other, are observed & monitored, and handle authentication & authorization
- You are naturally curious with a bias for action; able to navigate and make sense of ambiguity to drive a coherent direction
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and contributing to the growth and success of other team members
The tools we use
You do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. What we care about is your experience, skills, and approach to problem solving. Tools can be learned.
- Languages: C#/.NET Core, and Go, Terraform
- Datastores: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, Memcached/Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, DataDog
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$240,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!