Senior Software Engineer, Performance & Reliability
SeatGeek is building the future of live events. And we need your help.
SeatGeek is building an innovative open-ecosystem enterprise ticketing software that allows teams, venues, and promoters (aka Rightsholders) to run their businesses and captivate fans efficiently.
We’re proud to partner with some of the most recognized names in sports and entertainment across the globe, including the Dallas Cowboys, Liverpool F.C., and the Florida Panthers, alongside many other teams in the NFL, MLS, and English Premier League, and theaters on Broadway and in London’s West End.
Of the many critical technical challenges within our business, fortifying the reliability of our systems is one of the most exciting and impactful. Our goal is to revolutionize our ability to seamlessly facilitate high-traffic events and to change the painful expectations that fans have when they’re trying to buy tickets to see their favorite artist perform. This role will be heavily involved in taking the resilience of our product to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Build high-scale performance tests and create corresponding observability to evaluate system behavior under diverse load conditions
- Design, build and execute load tests to assess system performance and scalability
- Design and develop API testing infrastructure, including suite design, tool selection, and best practices to ensure reliable critical interface functionality
- Establish foundational contract testing architecture, select tools, and conduct research for consistent, reliable software component interactions, promoting system stability
- Design and execute controlled chaos engineering experiments to proactively identify system fragility and improve resilience. Simulate real-world failures and observe system behavior
- Enhance our software's scalability and reliability, and design strategies to ensure it remains scalable and reliable in the long term
- Determine the tooling, infrastructure, and testing approaches SeatGeek should employ with an eye toward our growing products, systems, and teams
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership, Product, and your teammates in Test Engineering to design and shape our long-term quality and testing strategy
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in software development, especially in architecting and implementing high-load performance testing in complex cloud-based applications
- Experience with Benchmark / Load Testing tools (we use JMeter and some others)
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language and comfortable with several others (such as Golang, c#, python, java)
- Hands-on experience with Automation frameworks (we use Playwright)
- Exposure with Chaos Engineering tools such as Chaos Monkey, Gremlin
- Experience with CI and deployment systems, like GitLab, AWS, and K8s (advantage)
- Commitment to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and contributing to the growth and success of other team members
- If you are interested in the role, please include an English-language resume or CV with your application
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!