Engineering Manager, Web Foundation
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead our Web Foundation team. As the engineering manager, you’ll help ensure that SeatGeek.com is the best live events site in the world.
You’ll lead the Web Foundation team that works across the Fan Experience organization to ensure that our fan-facing sites are fast, reliable, and meeting fans’ needs. You’ll drive long term improvements in code, architecture, and processes to enable a wonderful fan experience. You’ll partner with your peers to sustain improvements through tooling, training, and communication.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of front end and full stack engineers
- Provide regular job performance feedback, hold one-on-ones, and provide career development support to your direct reports
- Guide the team to improve operational and engineering best practices to keep our development machine humming
- Set technical priorities, communicate business context to the team, build excitement about how innovative technology can enhance our core business
- Play an active role in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can
- Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team
- Partner with your product counterpart and engineering peers in planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and collaborate with other leaders across the organization
What you have
- 5+ years as an engineer in a role that was mostly about writing front end or full stack code
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams
- You have experience building highly performant web applications
- You have irreproachable technical skills, and your team should look up to you as a mentor
- With your knowledge of industry technology trends you can help your team make good tooling and framework decisions setting them up for success
- You understand how to lead by setting context and facilitating collaboration between product, design, engineering and business leaders
- Nice to have: You have experience leading platform / foundation / web infra teams and driving change across an engineering organization
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Languages: Typescript (team’s primary language), Python
- Libraries / Frameworks: Next.js, React
- Infrastructure / Tools: AWS, K8s, Fastly, Datadog, Mixpanel
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $160,000-$250,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.