VP, Government Affairs
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
In this role, you’ll become SeatGeek’s first dedicated government affairs professional. This position is responsible for managing all government affairs initiatives for the Company. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to engage with government entities at the state and federal levels. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, such as federal and state government officials, policymakers, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders, to advocate for SeatGeek’s interests and promote its objectives. You will be a key member of SeatGeek’s legal team and report to our General Counsel
What you'll do
- Develop and implement government affairs initiatives that align with the Company's goals and objectives
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments that may impact SeatGeek and recommend appropriate actions. Engage with state and federal officials to ensure the successful outcome of potential legislation
- Build and maintain relationships with government officials, policymakers, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders to advocate for the Company's interests. Represent SeatGeek in meetings, hearings, and other forums, and effectively communicate the organization's positions on relevant issues
- Work closely with members of the legal and product teams to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Collaborate with internal teams, including legal and communications, to align government affairs strategies with broader organizational goals and initiatives
- Champion our industry and coordinate our participation and influence in applicable associations
- Research and analyze relevant issue areas, legislation, and regulatory matters and make recommendations on how best to engage on such matters
What you have
- Degree in public policy, government affairs or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in public policy, lobbying or related roles, preferably in the technology or live events industries
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing government affairs strategies, initiatives, and campaigns
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with government officials, policymakers, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders
- Strong research, analysis, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $240,000-$365,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!