Chief Risk & Compliance Officer
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
As the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer of Teya Ireland you will be tasked with designing, establishing and embedding a holistic Compliance & Risk Management Framework that remains adaptable and applicable to an ever- changing environment within the FinTech space. Payments, Data and Software services have seen a dramatic evolution over the past decade, for which the structural changes the industry and environment has experienced have been dramatically accelerated following the Global Pandemic and a new cultural dynamic regarding the use of data and software to enhance efficiencies and expand the potential growth path of companies, especially among small and medium sized businesses. Remaining adaptable to an evolving landscape with respect to regulation, market entrants and an expanding suite of risks (regulatory, liquidity, credit, cyber and technology) whilst ensuring business continuity through an agile framework and a proactive approach to Compliance & Risk management and horizon scanning is essential for a company of today to remain successful. This role will lead out on the strategic design to Compliance & Risk management across the Financial and Non-Financial areas of the business and therefore requires an experienced knowledge of regulated services, in particular with respect to Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) and Capital Requirement Regulation (CRR) of the European Banking Authority (EBA), along with a strong working knowledge of the ever-expanding technology industry. You will be the executive responsible for the identification, analysis and mitigation of internal and external risks that may impact the business today and into the future.
You will be part of the Teya Ireland executive team and be supported by the all-star Risk and Compliance Team. Our Risk and Compliance Teams are an enabler of growth. It is a commercially minded, data-driven, proactive team, with the confidence to challenge the status quo. It is on the journey with the group every step of the way, as it grows, advising on product development, licensing strategy, acquisitions and it supports all business areas to be compliant with relevant laws, regulations and internal procedures.
As a Risk & Compliance Officer, you will:
- Support the Board in establishing, monitoring and maintaining an effective system of risk management and internal control, ensuring this meets regulatory requirement;
- Design, implement and maintain a strategic compliance and risk management framework and processes and ensure that they are embedded across Teya Ireland;
- Be the principal point of contact with European financial regulators and payment schemes;
- Consider new product offerings at inception, supporting teams to develop and launch products in accordance with legal and regulatory requirement;
- Formulate the annual Compliance and Risk plan and track progress against the same;
- Investigate and report potential financial crime;
- Implement training programmes to help employees understand the purpose of compliance, risk and their role in protecting the merchant and the company;
- Help to ensure a smooth and compliant onboarding experience for the merchant by assisting with the implementation of automated AML/KYC solutions;
- Be the trusted point of contact for employees’ compliance, risk and regulatory questions;
- Support the Board in the identification and monitoring of the Principal Risks and discussing risk appetite;
- Design, implement and maintain compliance and risk policies and procedures;
- Provide support and input on key regulatory documents (ICAAP, RRP, Stress Testing Framework) and on key internal risk management policies including the Risk Appetite Statement;
- Horizon scan for changes in law and regulation and issue recommendations to ensure compliance;
- Develop and lead the Risk and Assurance Programme that supports Teya to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes;
- Monitor and report to the Board and Audit Committee on the company’s compliance and risk management systems and provide an annual opinion on compliance and internal control.
- Detail-oriented individual who is hard-working, data-driven, self-motivated, and takes ownership;
- A genuine love and passion for technology and its role in transforming our world;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of financial services and payments regulations and laws;
- Proven experience in compliance and risk;
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements;
- Capability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, high production, professional environment;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- BSc/BA in law, finance, or business administration preferred;
- Certified compliance or risk professional is a plus.
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Physical and mental health support through our partnership with Gympass giving free access to over 1,500 gyms in the UK, 1-1 therapy, meditation sessions, digital fitness and nutrition apps;
- Pension Scheme;
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ Bank holidays);
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- Professional development support through an L&D allowance to select courses that align with your career goals;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment in Central Dublin;
- Flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team.
Please note, this role will be Dublin office based (with options for 3 - 4 days per week hybrid working).
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.
Something looks off?