Principal QA Engineer
Teya exists to make sure that every small and growing business in Europe has the opportunity to thrive. We want to become Europe’s go-to software solution for these businesses, simplifying their every day and helping them reconnect with the joy of running their business. Teya was born in 2019 and is home to over 2,000 employees in 15+ countries. We've built a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative environment that is dedicated to bringing the best solutions to customers.
You will work with a diverse team to help shape the future of a custom branded payment, ordering & loyalty app. Your team will use technologies such as Cypress, SQL, Appium, Postman, HPQC, Spira test, and testlink.
On a regular day as a Principal QA Engineer, you will:
- Develop and implement QA test policies, test strategy, procedures, and, standards across the organization;
- Establish and maintain QA frameworks for software development;
- Define and monitor QA metrics to measure the effectiveness of software development processes;
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to QA engineers;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including development, product management, and operations to ensure high-quality software products;
- Identify and prioritize areas of improvement in the software development lifecycle;
- Report and track defects, and work with development teams to ensure timely resolution;
- Continuously evaluate and implement new QA tools, technologies, and methodologies to improve QA processes;
- Be able to implement TMMI;
- Be able write test plans;
- Be able to write test cases;
- Be able to write test closure reports;
- Use test management tools efficiently to impact product delivery.
- At least 10 years of experience in software quality assurance, with 5 years in a leadership role;
- Strong knowledge of software development processes, methodologies, and tools;
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in test automation, including developing and implementing automated testing frameworks from scratch;
- Knowledge and experience of API Testing;
- Knowledge of database systems, SQL, and scripting languages;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Competitive salary and enrollment in the Universal Stock Option Plan from your first day. This gives all employees the chance to be fellow company owners;
- 25 days of Annual Leave;
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment in Cape Town;
- Flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team.
Teya is for forward-thinkers and change-makers. We give greater priority to a growth mindset and the desire to learn over experience. We put our people first and focus on giving them the opportunities and challenges that foster personal growth. To build high-performing teams, we’re always looking for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join us.
All CVs and supporting documents must be submitted in English.
Something looks off?