Commercial Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At Rockset, we’ve built the real-time analytics database for the world's data applications. Our team and technology come from a rich heritage, rooted in the experience of building massive scale data systems at the world’s leading companies, and we created Rockset to make those kinds of powerful data platforms available to real-time application developers everywhere. We are creating a world where developers can go from complex data sets to fast, interactive applications and analysis effortlessly.
We’re a fast-growing company that values curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Boston, MA and London, UK and remote employees throughout the US.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a high-energy field Account Executive who can recognize opportunities and turn them into long-lasting partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to help grow Rockset’s sales team. We put the needs of our customers first, and AE will play a pivotal role in our success by growing sales and being the voice of the customer internally. In this role, you will sit at the center of our business and own the communication, interaction, and overall business relationship between Rockset and our customers.
With your extensive product knowledge and understanding of industry trends, you will communicate with commercial accounts, understand their needs, and recommend products and services that deliver the most impactful results.
As an AE, you should have a strong technical background in data management systems and cloud infrastructure services to build data applications, microservices, data analytics and data science functions. You should be capable of establishing relationships at a range of levels within our customer organizations, from practitioners to management, and help our users apply Rockset to their use cases.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- 2+ years B2B experience in a field sales role with proven results within global, high-growth, technology companies
- A builder mindset and can thrive/figure things out in fast paced and smaller/earlier-stage ambiguous environments
- Experience with a technical product and/or a high degree of technical curiosity coupled with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Proven ability to self-source pipeline and break into target/focus new logo accounts
- Strong discovery skills and proven ability to apply deal qualification and progression frameworks such as MEDDPICC + 3 Whys etc. to drive deals through closure
- Proven ability to align customer exec and/or economic buyers with sales and company leadership
- Proven ability to expand existing relationships over time by gaining trust, broadening stakeholder engagement, understanding customer needs and business drivers, and positioning value
- Familiarity with channel and alliance driven sales motions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of public cloud services and Linux/Unix environments
- Willingness to travel as the job requires, approximately 10% of your time
- Ability to foster collaborative interactions across different teams including Product, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, and Engineering
It would be even more awesome if you also have:
- an entrepreneurial spirit at heart and enjoy being a foundational member of our team, and directly contribute to the growth of our team, business, and culture.
- an inherent drive to constantly learn and challenge yourself to reach your own personal and professional goals
- real-world experience in building data infrastructure, real-time applications, or microservices.
- fluency and proficiency with different SQL dialects.
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided daily
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.