Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2020
At Rockset, we’ve built the real-time analytics database for the world's data applications. Our team and technology come from a rich heritage, rooted in the experience of building massive scale data systems at the world’s leading companies, and we created Rockset to make those kinds of powerful data platforms available to real-time application developers everywhere. We are creating a world where developers can go from complex data sets to fast, interactive applications and analysis effortlessly.
We’re a fast-growing company that values curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Boston, MA and London, UK and remote employees throughout the US.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for people who are excited by distributed systems and database technologies. Expect to have a lot of influence over the system we are creating. You should be curious and ready to deep dive into designing scalable distributed systems.
You will contribute to the design and development of key backend features and components and participate in building infrastructure components from the ground up. You'll contribute to an architecture that anticipates large deployments and can handle scale and design clean, usable APIs. Our ideal candidate will have passion for crafting exceptional engineering solutions, striving for improving performance and helping customers succeed.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000/year to $160,000/year + equity + benefits. The actual pay may vary based on factors such as location, experience, and skills. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s level and location. This range represents base salary only.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with designing distributed systems is a plus
- Experience with systems like Kubernetes, Kafka and Zookeeper is a plus
- Experience with Linux, containers and virtual machines is a plus
- Strong communication skills to be used across engineering, product and other functional teams
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Fertility HRA available to employees and their families
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where for 1 work week the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.