Located in: Jeffersonville, Indiana
Shift: Friday - Sunday, 6:00 am - 6:30 pm Work 36 hours get paid for 40!
Resident is an industry-leader in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016 (over 1 million happy sleepers and counting!), we have also launched the Dreamcloud, Awara and Level Sleep brands to cater to a variety of sleep preferences.
Our mission is simple. We strive to make inspiring products people love coming home to (and to help everyone afford a great night's sleep)!
Our company is built around continuously improving our ability to introduce new customers to our products, and wow them with exceptional experiences through the shopping and post purchase journey. We love to use data and metrics to drive our decisions while keeping in mind that customers don’t speak in numbers and that each one should be treated as a member of our family.
We’re also proud of our culture we define as fast-paced, exciting and challenging so you can expect a team of hard-working, passionate people around the globe.
As the Controls Technician you will be part of the team responsible for ensuring all manufacturing processes meet production goals, identifying and implementing cycle time, uptime, error-proofing, quality and other improvements, and communicating with quality assurance personnel to ensure the products meet quality standards. You will be expected to work alone or with a cross functional team that could include engineers, quality control, industrial maintenance and/or production personnel.
- Always treat safety as a fundamental expectation and a given.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement changes to improve equipment productivity through cycle time, uptime, MTTR, MTBF, quality, cost and other operational improvements.
- Expeditiously respond to equipment breakdowns and other abnormal conditions, and troubleshoot manufacturing control systems consisting of PLCs, variable frequency drives, computer controls, and HMI interfaces as well as traditional contactor type controls and process instrumentation.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and suppliers to provide input to new equipment design, and participate in new equipment design reviews, supplier run-offs, and on-site installation and start-up.
- Fully support maintenance personnel and assist with general mechanical tasks as needed.
- Keep informed as practical of new technology and innovation in manufacturing controls, devices, automation, software and equipment, and make recommendations for further investigation and deployment as appropriate.
- Support new product manufacturability evaluation, trial runs, integration and ramp-up to full production.
- Ensure processes and products meet standards.
- A positive and proactive mind-set and a drive to achieve are essential.
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting and programming with Rockwell Automation Software including ControlLogix/RSLogix 5000
- Must be skilled in troubleshooting automated material conveyance systems utilizing VFD’s, PLC’s, and motion control components.
- Associates Degree or equivalent formal training in area of involvement.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the technical field. (Advanced skills, additional education, and exceptional performance may alter this requirement.)
- Possess good oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision at onset of new project assignments and virtually no supervision thereafter.
- Must be willing to work independently.
- Must be effective and comfortable in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with the flexibility of adapting to changing priorities.
- Able to proficiently use the tools or materials required to perform typical assigned duties in areas of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The employee is often required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee may be required to lift 10-50 lbs.
The employee will generally be housed in a shop environment with possible exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Personal Protective Equipment is provided and required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
Resident Home participates in E-Verify.