Senior Accountant, Inventory
CRAFT MEETS COMFORT. At Resident, we believe your living space shouldn’t just look good, it should feel good. That’s why we’ve created a house of brands that focuses on quality materials, timeless style, and most importantly, comfort. Our current brands include the award-winning Nectar, DreamCloud, Awara, and Siena products and we continue to invest in new categories to broaden our offering and address our customer's needs.
Since our inception in 2017, Resident has become one of the fastest-growing, scaled, and profitable omnichannel retailers in North America. We are a disruptor in the broader home furnishings category underpinned by deep and proven expertise in data science & analytics, performance marketing, and e-commerce technology. As our business continues to grow, we are focused on building world-class retail, finance, operations, logistics, data science, performance marketing, and customer success-driven teams that thrive in a modern work environment.
At Resident, our staff is dedicated to the values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum.
To be considered for this remote opportunity, you must reside and be authorized to work within the United States.
- Account for inventory under US GAAP and in accordance with company accounting policies
- Prepare monthly inventory-related journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform flux analysis on respective balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Achieve completion of all month/quarter/annual close processes timely and in adherence to close calendar
- Reconcile stock ledger to 3PL reporting weekly
- Collaborate with Technical Accounting on appropriate accounting for inventory transactions
- Partner with FP&A on budget/forecast and close results
- Partner with Supply Chain/Ops on developing/revising processes and policies, creating budgets/forecasts, and providing/understanding actual results, etc.
- Understand and observe physical inventory processes and counts
- Perform inventory analysis to determine appropriate reserve and methodologies for shrink and excess/obsolete/slow-moving inventory
- Design, document, implement, and execute internal controls to ensure inventory transactions and balances are accurately reported
- Perform analysis and provide insight into account balance details and drivers of change, particularly around COGS
- Support external audit by providing timely and accurate support schedules as requested
- Continuous evaluation and identification of process improvements
- Cultivate strong partnerships with Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain/Ops, and other functions
- Mentor and develop junior staff members
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and tasks as requested
- Handle special projects related to technology, systems, automation, new initiatives, or other requests
- Lead and develop processes and procedures to optimize inventory control across a network of 3PL/OEM providers.
- Reconcile all inventory transactions of finished goods with internal (Accounting/Planning) and external (3PL/OEM) teams.
- Review inbound receipt, miscellaneous adjustments, outbounds sales, and returns transactions and reconcile discrepancies.
- Manage Inventory transactions across multiple internal and external systems: 3PL WMS/Portals, EDI/API Integrations to our Order Management System (OMS), ERP (Netsuite), and some creative Google Docs.
- Coordinate with Accounting and Finance on material inventory adjustments and all transactions.
- Lead annual Physical Inventory process with finished good warehouses, and conduct periodic inventory audits.
- Work closely with Planning to maintain optimal stock levels of 200+ SKUs across a network of warehouses that support Retail, DTC, Amazon and White Glove demand.
- Analyze data to develop reports and track key metrics like: E&O and Aging Inventory, DOH, and Rate of Return across SKUs and locations.
- Highly self-directed individual, with proven success in a rapid-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Accountable to content of work product and meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess agility and ability to prioritize
- Collaborative with others at all levels within and outside Finance
- Self-motivated, proactive, and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently without a lot of guidance
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to turn a thought into execution
- Process mindset with continuous improvement mentality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with developing, implementing, and executing effective internal controls
- Comfortable with change and quick leaner of new skills, processes, tools, and accounting concepts
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA (or path to it) required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in an Accounting role
- Inventory accounting experience required
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Big 4 and or public company experience preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
What We Offer (subject to eligibility requirements):
- Remote-first workplace (since 2016!)
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- HSA company contributions
- 401K with company match component
- “Take what you need” PTO
- Wellness benefits
- WFH office and cell phone/internet stipend
- A FREE MATTRESS plus an awesome Friends and Family discount!
If you reside in a state or location where pay transparency laws or regulations have been adopted please read the following: The salary for this position is $92,500 - $109,250. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background, skills, qualifications, experience, geographic location and other non-discriminatory factors. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. [Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments]. For more information regarding the pay range applicable for this position, please contact us at People@residenthome.com
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in New York City, London, Tel Aviv, and manufacturing operations in Jeffersonville, IN. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
Resident is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Resident Home participates in E-Verify.