Senior Manager, Finance
CRAFT MEETS COMFORT. At Resident, we believe your living space shouldn’t just look good, it should feel good. That’s why we’ve created a house of brands that focuses on quality materials, timeless style, and most importantly, comfort. Our current brands include the award-winning Nectar, DreamCloud, Awara, and Siena products and we continue to invest in new categories to broaden our offering and address our customer's needs.
Since our inception in 2017, Resident has become one of the fastest-growing, scaled, and profitable omnichannel retailers in North America. We are a disruptor in the broader home furnishings category underpinned by deep and proven expertise in data science & analytics, performance marketing, and e-commerce technology. As our business continues to grow, we are focused on building world-class retail, finance, operations, logistics, data science, performance marketing, and customer success-driven teams that thrive in a modern work environment.
At Resident, our staff is dedicated to the values of Excellence, Customer Love, Big Thinking, Inclusivity, and Forward Momentum.
To be considered for this remote opportunity, you must reside and be authorized to work within the United States.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Finance, with FP&A, investment banking, PE/VC, or strategic finance experience, to join our team. The Sr. Manager, Finance will report to the VP, Finance and support a multi-brand, growth business.
- Participate as a key member of Resident’s finance team in strategic and tactical planning, and managing financial performance.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets.
- Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management, our investors and our Board.
- Lead the budgeting and forecast processes, coordinating with the leadership team and other departments to develop the periodic forecasts.
- Drive change and support new business development, including market analysis, strategy and business plan development, pricing strategy, organizational structure, evaluation of joint ventures and acquisitions.
- Provide cost and profitability analysis on products, customers, segments and operations.
- Assess return on investment for capital requests, product development initiatives and sales and marketing programs.
- Assist the Company with development of processes and policies to facilitate growth and profitability.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- 5 - 7 years of finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required. MBA is a plus.
- Previously held role in financial planning & analysis at a corporation
- Investment banking, private equity or venture capital experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience is a plus.
- Strong strategic thinking ability, project management skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong skills in leadership, communication, initiative, decisiveness, and planning and organization.
What We Offer (subject to eligibility requirements):
- Remote-first workplace (since 2016!)
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- HSA company contributions
- 401K with company match component
- Take what you need Paid Time Off
- Wellness benefits
- WFH office and cell phone/internet stipend
- A FREE MATTRESS plus an awesome Friends and Family discount!
If you reside in a state or location where pay transparency laws or regulations have been adopted please read the following: The salary range for this position is $115,000-$145,00. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background, skills, qualifications, experience, geographic location and other non-discriminatory factors. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. [Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments]. For more information regarding the pay range applicable for this position, please contact us at People@residenthome.com
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in New York City, London, Tel Aviv, and manufacturing operations in Jeffersonville, IN. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
Resident is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Resident Home participates in E-Verify.