Director, Consumer Insight
Resident is the industry-leading start-up in the Direct-to-Consumer mattresses and other home furnishings space. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
This is a 3 month contract opportunity with the potential to convert to a FTE role.
This is a fully remote position and to be considered for this opportunity you must reside within and have the right to work within the United States
About the role:
We are looking for a Director, Consumer Insight to provide us with cutting-edge insight to help drive our ecommerce business forward with qualitative data-driven information. The Consumer Insight will be responsible for building our consumer insights processes and infrastructure from the ground up. By doing this, you will help us to fully understand our customers, audience & competitive positioning within our market and work with our business development teams to inform our brand development, product marketing and product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skill set, be familiar with leading qualitative software and possess a commercially focused mentality.
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer research - developing deep understanding of our customers (their preferences, mindsets etc) - In essence why they buy from us.
- Consumer research - developing deep understanding of in-market consumers (their preferences, mindsets etc) - In essence why they don’t buy from us.
- Brand research - developing deep understanding of market perception of our range of brands & providing insights to help drive our brand development
- Market research - developing deep understanding about our competitors and the market in general - what we could learn
- Translating business objectives into research steps (eg survey groups, questionnaires, user testing)
- Feeding research findings into actionable commercial plans - ie what learnings will inform how we should approach product marketing on a product, range and brand level. How we should look to develop our brand personas, how should we inform product and brand launches
- Work cross-functionally to build relevant primary research collection tools for customers
- Identify and collect relevant data points, for example: Consumers: Demographics, buying habits, needs, and price points
- Construct and maintain a central database for recording research data. Ensuring that ongoing research can be measured over time & that bespoke projects are easily accessible
- Be familiar with the relevant tools required to conduct remote research on the market, customers & customer behavior online
Analytics and Reporting
- Be a crucial member of the brand management team, be a voice of the customer & enthusiastically embed qualitative findings through the company
- Prepare and submit reports to the wider company that summarizes findings in a digestible, graphical, and actionable manner
- Attend regular calls and present your research
- Build out internal communication channels to keep the wider business updated with research findings
- Work with the teams to inform future commercial strategies based upon your findings
- Develop systems to ensure researched information is embedded in the wider org to educate and direct marketing, digital product, customer service etc
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working with ecommerce
- Experience utilizing leading quantitative and qualitative software such as Looker, Google Data Studio and Google Analytics
- Proficiency with competitor analysis tools such as SEMrush, Similarweb, and related platforms
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to work autonomously, in a fast paced environment
- Proactive in driving business initiatives and being the expert in your space
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA., with a dedicated New York City office, London and an R&D facility in Tel Aviv. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
Resident participates in E-Verify