Product Marketing Lead
Marketing & Communications, Product
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
We are Quantcast. Global leaders in AI-powered programmatic advertising and media performance. With measurement and consumer analytics in our DNA, we empower marketers to reach audiences and deliver measurable outcomes. Our mission is to make every marketer more successful, every campaign outperforms expectations, empowering brands to build meaningful relationships with consumers and achieve business results.
Since our founding in 2006, Quantcast has led the industry with some market-changing firsts including the first measurement platform for digital publishers and the first AI-powered DSP. If you’re ready to join a passionate team building cutting-edge solutions - Quantcast is for you.
This person will be responsible for driving market intelligence efforts and leading the product intake process to inform product roadmap planning and prioritization. Partnering closely with the product management organization, you will play a crucial role in determining what problems are worth solving, articulate product-market fit, and develop product positioning that reinforces Quantcast’s brand identity. You will collaborate with teams across the organization to design and package sellable solutions that are anchored in Quantcast’s unique right to win. If you're someone who loves building, is ready to lead, and can move fast to create wins - we’d love to hear more about what gives you purpose and motivates you every day.
- Advance the vision and role of Product Marketing at Quantcast, collaborating closely with Product Management, Outbound Product Marketing, Commercial teams, and Business Development
- Lead market analysis and manage all market intelligence mechanisms, including industry research, customer feedback, and competitor intelligence to validate or disprove hypotheses
- Partner with sales/commercial teams, product management, business development, and market research partners to identify customer value and drive the development of commercialization opportunities.
- Anticipate trends in ad tech and position the company for success to lead in the market with a visionary approach
- Create documentation for various steps in the GTM process, including Lean Canvas, TAM analysis, monetization path, PMM Research Summary, and launch strategy deck
- For each product launch, conduct market segmentation and TAM analysis, define ideal customer profiles, define launch phases, develop product positioning/value props, establish pricing/packaging, and articulate KPIs for benchmarking
- Foster deep cross-collaboration between Product, Sales, and Marketing to consistently deliver clear, compelling, and differentiated product positioning within a highly competitive landscape
- Own the development of customer/external roadmaps for different customer segments, with a bias towards agility and accuracy
- Stand-up formal program to regularly engage customers and gain regular market feedback
- Develop competitive analysis resources, including battlecards, competitor grids, and positioning maps
- Organized thinker with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- You can simplify complex topics and explain them clearly and concisely
- Experience developing product roadmap intake process from multiple commercialization teams and prioritizing importance of work based on revenue opp, business focus and engineering resources
- Highly collaborative across functions and the translator between engineering/product and sales
- Skilled at managing multiple, competing priorities, simultaneously
- Can simplify the ad ecosystem monolith into dependencies / components
- Ability to jump in and figure it out, embraces agile methodologies
- Strong attention to detail and comfortable handling multiple ongoing programs with varying priorities, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Experience conducting user interviews and focus groups; can drawing reliable conclusions from disparate proof points
- Management experience, ability to hire and develop new team members
- Believes that perfect is the enemy of good
- Scrappy, creative problem-solver
- MS or MBA preferred
- 5+ years in product marketing, product strategy or product management
- 8-10+ years in ad-tech, media, or marketing industry
- Technically savvy, with experience in and deep understanding of the programmatic ad tech industry as well as ad-measurement
- Robust leadership experience and proven track record of developing, implementing, and maintaining a repeatable GTM process
- Master of simplicity
- Management experience, interested in hiring and coaching new team members
- Smart and humble
The expected base salary range for this position is $165,100 to $214,200
Ultimately, in determining your offer, we will take into consideration your geographic location, relevant experience and expertise, and other job-related factors. Furthermore, full-time roles are eligible for a bonus, equity, and benefits (depending on your location) which include hybrid work, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement plans. Please see our Careers page for additional information.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 18 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast operates in a hybrid work model. This model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Our hybrid model may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your hiring manager for further information. All hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or, if eligible, apply for our fully remote work program. We strongly encourage vaccination for all Quantcast employees as a way to stop the spread of COVID and protect yourself and others.