Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
We are Quantcast. Global leaders in AI-powered programmatic advertising and media performance. With measurement and consumer analytics in our DNA, we empower marketers to reach audiences and deliver measurable outcomes. Our mission is to make every marketer more successful, every campaign outperforms expectations, empowering brands to build meaningful relationships with consumers and achieve business results.
Since our founding in 2006, Quantcast has led the industry with some market-changing firsts including the first measurement platform for digital publishers and the first AI-powered DSP. If you’re ready to join a passionate team building cutting-edge solutions - Quantcast is for you.
The Sales Director, Milan, will be an experienced digital media executive with deep knowledge of the digital acquisition and brand-advertising marketplace. This individual will be responsible for leading and growing a team of group managers and field sellers based in Milan working with top-tier agencies and marketers to exceed the team’s revenue goals.
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader, effective manager, and respected by subordinates, colleagues, and customers. This candidate loves making sales calls with his/her team and builds deep relationships with agencies and clients.
- Oversee a team responsible for sourcing and closing new business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals.
- Manage forecasting, account assignment, and quota achievement for a team of sellers.
- Negotiate Trading agreements with partner agencies/clients to help increase revenue, profitability and share.
- Build an intimate understanding of Quantcast products and their place in the industry.
- Help to build relationships with agency contacts.
- Assist team in performing in person presentations to media professionals, creating RFP’s, and closing accounts.
- Track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in Salesforce.com.
- Deliver product feedback to operations leaders to ensure the voice of the customer is part of Quantcast’s DNA.
- Share expertise and advise clients on new campaign ideas to generate continued results.
- Work with internal account management and ad operations to ensure client satisfaction.
- Participate in industry events and conferences.
- Participate in recruiting, growing, and managing a team of sellers.
- 10+ years sales experience in online advertising.
- Current or previous management experience.
- Outgoing and adept at creating professional relationships.
- Direct and agency contacts at both senior and junior levels.
- Experience in audience-based selling of digital media is ideal.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology.
- Active in industry trade and networking events and experience representing previous companies in industry panels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Fluency in English and Italian.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to QA own work.
- Hunter mentality, tenacity, and ability to “think on your feet.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Adept at using MS Office products and Salesforce.com
Ultimately, in determining your offer, we will take into consideration your geographic location, relevant experience and expertise, and other job-related factors. Furthermore, full-time roles are eligible for a bonus, equity, and benefits (depending on your location) which include hybrid work, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement plans. Please see our Careers page for additional information.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 18 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast operates in a hybrid work model. This model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Our hybrid model may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your hiring manager for further information. All hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or, if eligible, apply for our fully remote work program. We strongly encourage vaccination for all Quantcast employees as a way to stop the spread of COVID and protect yourself and others.