Loyalty Economist & Data Scientist
We are looking for a highly skilled and versatile individual to join our team in the unique and exciting role that is part Loyalty Economist and part Data Scientist. In this hybrid role, you will combine your expertise on data analysis, statistical modeling, and economic understanding to drive actionable insights and strategic decisions for our loyalty program. As a key member of the Business Intelligence team, you will contribute to the optimization of our loyalty initiatives, enhance player engagement, and provide valuable recommendations based on data-driven insights.
- Design, develop, and maintain the virtual loyalty economies within our mobile games.
- Utilize data-driven approaches to model customer behavior, including loyalty earning and spending patterns.
- Analyze and interpret loyalty program performance metrics, identifying trends and opportunities for optimizations.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models using statistical and/or machine learning algorithms to solve loyalty business challenges, such as customer segmentation, demand forecasting, or recommendation systems.
- Clean, preprocess, and explore large datasets to uncover patterns, trends, and insights relevant to business objectives.
- Design, implement, and analyze A/B tests to assess the effectiveness of loyalty program enhancements and modifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on loyalty strategies with overall business goals.
- Take pride in the quality of your work output. Your code, analyses, and documentation all reflect that of someone who is extremely detail oriented.
- Create presentations for and present to peers, playAWARDS and PLAYSTUDIOS executives, and playAWARDS B2B strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data science, economics, statistics, analytics, or another related degree
- 5+ years prior experience in business intelligence/data science and working with BI tools
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python and R for data analysis, modeling, and visualizations
- Proven experience working with large datasets, cleaning, processing data, and performing exploratory data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong data visualization skills and experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode Analytics, Sisense)
- Knowledge of data management, and working in both structured and unstructured data.
- Strong understanding of virtual economies, economic theories, principles, and their application to consumer behavior and/or loyalty programs.
- Prior experience in either social gaming, casino/hospitality, or related experience is a plus.
- 100% Health Benefit Premium coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted Stock Units
- Performance-based bonuses
- Flexible vacation policy
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen
- Casual work environment
- A great place to work. Come find out for yourself!
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
- Pay Type Salary