Machine Learning Researcher - Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Our Machine Learning team develops novel deep learning models to address immediate customer needs and to ensure Palantir’s platforms offer unparalleled machine learning capabilities.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about natural language processing (NLP) and Large Language Models (LLM), likes to push the boundaries of what is possible, and wants to solve hard problems on top of unique datasets. As a Machine Learning Researcher, you will be responsible for implementing, customizing, and inventing NLP/LLM deep learning techniques for some of the most unique datasets. This role will implement novel deep learning architectures to enable end-to-end solutions in the areas of information retrieval (IR), question answering, document summarization, entity, event and relationship extraction and classification, as well as structured text extraction from documents.
- Read, present, and implement research papers on NLP/LLM with an emphasis on the broader area of named entity recognition, information retrieval, structured text extraction from documents, question answering, and document summarization
- Modify and/or invent novel techniques in entity, event and relationship extraction and classification, summarization, question answering, and structured text extraction from documents
- Work closely with engineering teams to push innovative deep learning models to production
- Propose and implement new ideas/directions in NLP/LLM that can effectively solve customer problems
Technologies We Use
- Hugging Face
What We Value
- Background in NLP/LLM and Deep learning
- Proficiency with any of the major Deep Learning frameworks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What We Require
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with the latest LLMs such as LLama, OPT, Alpaca, Dolly, Pythia, GPT-NeoX, FLAN, etc.
- Experience with causal/masked language modeling, prompt tuning and engineering, instruction tuning, and/or RLHF
- Experience with implementing or fine-tuning deep learning models in the area of NER, summarization, question answering, IR and structured text extraction from documents
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?