Federal Pricing Analyst - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Federal Pricing Analyst, you will primarily support our U.S. Government business on our most complex proposals. As a Pricing Analyst within Palantir’s USG Legal and Contracts team, you will partner with many business functions, including technical implementation and contracting/pricing teams. This role is envisioned to develop detailed cost build ups and pricing strategies, perform detailed price modeling with scenario analyses, conduct competitive and historical pricing analyses, and support negotiations and coordinating subcontractor pricing inputs. As a motivated self-starter, you will be responsible for coordination of cost estimating and pricing activities to ensure that projects are accurately estimated and can be implemented within contract and funding limits. By doing this, you will help create a feedback loop to provide higher fidelity estimates for future actions!
The ideal Pricing Analyst has a solid understanding of Federal Government estimating and pricing principles, is innovative and creative when preparing cost models, written pricing proposal materials, and able to work both independently while collaborating across a broad array of team members. This person should be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate complicated pricing and procurement concepts to others who may not have a proven grasp of pricing theory, requirements, and regulations.
- Review and interpret RFP/RFQ documentation as part of the cross-functional sales, capture and contracting team; identify and develop questions based on the solicitation that impact pricing compliance and strategy.
- Identify and communicate pricing support requirements in the proposal planning / scheduling process.
- Develop cost buildups, detailed pricing models, analyses and exhibits designed to provide compliant and responsive proposal responses using Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Support price proposal and basis of estimate content development and publication prior to submission, along with fair and reasonable price justifications.
- Evaluate subcontractor and supplier price/cost proposals, analyzing the contractors past performance, cost of similar procurements, standards or other quantitative techniques in producing like or similar items.
- Provide training to implementation teams regarding policies, procedures, and practices related to program cost management and pricing.
- Develop trend analysis for cost performance, pricing, supplier performance, compliance metrics and related analyses to inform future proposals.
What We Value
- Strong understanding of commercial product and services pricing, Government contracting proposal life cycle, contract types, and vehicles/framework agreements.
- A highly analytical and innovative approach to problem solving and sophisticated cost modeling, with a demonstrated track record of process improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; able to maintain accuracy in work products and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic and cross-functional environment.
- Experience supporting pricing and cost estimates for Federal customers is a plus.
What We Require
- At least four years of experience in one of the following subject areas (or combination thereof): software pricing, professional services pricing, program control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting, focused on providing pricing expertise to inform business strategies and competitive intelligence.
- A Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business.
- Experience using Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, or other cost estimating software experiences is a plus.
- Active US Security Clearance, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?