Field Information Security Lead
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
This is a unique role responsible for the management and execution of security requirements supporting a critical customer within our growing UK business. You will be responsible for ensuring implementation and compliance within a diverse set of security requirements to protect Palantir and our customers. This role is highly autonomous, and you will own building, maintaining, and reporting on a first-class security capability responsible for protecting some of our most critical data. Your technical expertise should be second only to your integrity and real passion for security, technology, and mission impact. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly collaborative, highly motivated. You can operate independently, and enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges. You must have a strong security mindset, care deeply about Cyber Security, and be excited to protect our products and people against all threats.
In this role, you will work closely with Palantir's product development teams and implementation teams. You will act as the primary point of contact for security topics between the customer, internal security teams, and Palantir implementation teams. You'll design, architect, implement, and maintain a broad range of technical security and compliance controls to safeguard customer data in a highly sensitive environment. Finally, you will leverage Palantir Foundry to track and automate periodic customer deliverables including: vulnerability management, software bill of materials (SBOM) manifests, risk assessments, and other reports.
- Build and maintain a security program that effectively meets compliance and security requirements as stated in our customer contract and perform technical implementation, of various controls, processes, and procedures.
- Interface directly with internal implementation and security teams to support business and security objectives while independently owning projects and balancing competing priorities.
- Manage and automate the creation and delivery of periodic security reporting.
- Advise our deployment teams and customers on security infrastructure, techniques, and trends.
- Provide security domain expertise on protective controls, to include system, network, encryption, and authentication services.
What We Value
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in high-security environments with significant security, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Exposure to a wide range of security fields, with deep familiarity and technical depth in one or more areas of specialization (e.g., Incident Response/Forensics, Security Analytics, Cloud Security, Architecture/Strategy).
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, and the motivation to creatively thwart them.
What We Require
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role reading and building security programs.
- An advanced degree in information security, or CISSP certification.
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a UK Security clearance.
- Strong development or scripting experience in a modern language (python preferred).
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.