New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Development Strategists play a critical role in helping the US commercial sales team achieve our customer acquisition and revenue goals. You will work directly with our growing Business Development team to expand the Palantir footprint across enterprise organizations. Targeting and working with some of the largest institutions across multiple industries, helping them solve their most critical challenges and respond to their most important opportunities.
- Research, identify, and generate viable customer opportunities to build a qualified pipeline.
- Methodically and proactively build and maintain a sales pipeline through consistent prospecting, follow-up, and outreach; engaging in outbound cold emails, cold calling, and social selling.
- Understand individual customer needs and requirements; identify key players and generate interest of key prospects.
- Participate in high level conversations with Senior Executives at prospect accounts.
- Become a trusted resource and owner of go to market strategy for large, enterprise accounts.
- Achieve important metrics and objectives of quarterly meetings completed and fully qualified opportunities created.
What We Value
- Proven success in business development, inside sales, or related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas rapidly and compellingly to a variety of audiences and levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Proficiency with corporate efficiency and web presentation tools, e.g. Salesforce.com.
- Low ego, because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively; staying motivated in an ambiguous environment.
What We Require
- 1+ years of sales, marketing, or business development.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to succeed in an ambiguous environment.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $60,000 - $90,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.