Implementation Program Manager - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As an Implementation Program Manager, you are the operational engine behind Palantir’s forward deployed engineering teams. You partner with our Forward Deployed Engineers and Deployment Strategists to optimize our product implementation process. You supervise and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate collaborator needs to ensure engineers are able to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve. Your creative approach to project management centers around frameworks that enable rapid iteration, while operating in harmony with the team’s vision and the end users’ needs.
This position requires a combination of project and team management, process optimization, customer relationship management, and execution skills. You are a person who loves fixing problems and embraces the opportunity that an obstacle presents.
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. If a problem is outside your area of expertise, you know how to move both collaboratively and independently toward a solution, while optimally using team resources.
- Synthesize concrete goals from client needs and our long term roadmaps, mapping your deployment’s strategy to granular team tasks and issues. This means triaging requests from clients to create maximum focus for the team, while prioritizing items that need immediate attention and displaying a high level of empathy with our end-users’ needs.
- Maintain broad and complete state of everything involving or related to your team. Pre-empt and resolve any issues that may steer projects off-course.
- Optimize cross-team collaboration. Calibrate a room of peers and/or customers to align across shared objectives.
What We Value
- Proven success managing complex projects in high-stakes environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and composure in high-pressure situations
- An ability to develop and cultivate strong rapport within our product development teams. You are willing to invest in learning technical concepts and can engage in technical discussion.
- Experience at an enterprise software company or startup is desirable, but not required
What We Require
- Ability to travel 25-50%, varies by location and team
- 2+ years of project/program management experience, preferably in a fast-paced or dynamic environment
- Active US Security Clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security Clearance
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.