Government Affairs, Associate
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
The Government Affairs Associate is a critical member of Palantir’s US Government (USG) team. Working closely with the GA team, you’ll help Palantir deliver advanced capabilities to America’s most important governmental institutions, through direct lobbying efforts and strategic coalition building.
In this role, you’ll support a broad team and execute strategies and campaigns to help get the world’s most advanced software into the hands of our most important institutions. This includes researching and collaborating on policy issues with think tanks and trade organizations, monitoring legislation and regulatory issues, and helping organize educational events at the intersection of technology and policy.
- Conduct research on strategic policy issues and synthesize key findings to the broader team.
- Develop, maintain, and build-upon a network of relationships with Congressional staff, government officials, and regulatory decision-makers.
- Prepare policy briefs, white papers, and other advocacy materials to communicate the company's positions and support lobbying efforts.
- Facilitate engagements with congressional offices and other government officials, including scheduling meetings and preparing briefing materials before key congressional engagements with senior executives and members of Congress.
- Work with external consultants and third parties engaged in government affairs matters, and collaborate with business and engineering leads to develop policy positions on key issues, and draft legislative language.
- Track legislative and budgetary items that are important to Palantir’s business.
What We Value
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to convey Palantir’s exceptional technical attributes and value to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical, environment. This will involve developing deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they are used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
What We Require
- At least 2 years of experience working in Congress involved in the legislative process.
- Ability to conduct quick policy analyses and clearly synthesize the implications of those policies on Palantir’s business.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.