Senior Software Engineer - Apollo Platform
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Apollo enables autonomous management and continuous deployment of mission critical software to where it’s needed most. We’re transforming the way organisations around the world deploy software across all environment footprints: from on-premise, to various cloud providers, to disconnected environments (air-gapped), to strict accreditation frameworks, and to the edge. Learn more about Apollo and why it was built!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Apollo platform you will be responsible for delivering on business-critical outcomes through your product contributions to our Apollo offerings. You will develop a deep understanding of our micro-services and how they power key workflows in Apollo, enabling you to lead complex and technically challenging improvements to the product. Join us in enabling our customers and partners to focus their attention on the next generation of development and innovation our nation needs through the power of Apollo.
- End-to-end ownership over key product investments, delivering them with high velocity and quality - often across team boundaries.
- Proactively drive the technical strategy for your team and ensure alignment with business and product strategy.
- Key contributor to a long-term tech roadmap to reduce operational burden, ensure scalability, reduce risk, and guide your team towards step-changes whenever possible.
- Act as a multiplier for other engineers on the team. Driven by engineering excellence and helping others achieve it.
- Lead engineers and accelerate their growth by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and effectively manage performance.
What We Value
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications.
- Experience leading complex, cross-team engineering efforts, including analysis of requirements and scoping, and knowing what it takes to deliver high-quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced product development team, with peers and teammates across multiple locations and timezones.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get things done, leading by example and getting involved with the team’s day-to-day work.
- A focus on impact and an ability to articulate the value your work provides.
What We Require
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- 1+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Strong coding skills in Java, Go, or equivalent
- Experience with databases and distributed systems at scale
- Experience building and operating micro-services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.