Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As Employment Counsel, you’ll join Palantir’s in-house legal team with a critical role on the global employment law team. This is an excellent opportunity for an employment lawyer who is still relatively new in their career to pivot to in-house work or transition from another in-house role to Palantir, a place where we deeply value thoughtful people, hard work, a sense of humor and low ego.
In this role, you will work with our employment lawyers, the People Team, and others across the business to help solve a variety of interesting employment law related challenges. You will advise People Partners as they navigate difficult employee situations, and you will coordinate closely with the Litigation Team if those situations escalate. You will be a key contributor to our employment compliance program, which includes our annual AAPs and other audits. You will interact directly with our Company leadership on strategic projects and contribute to a wide array of employment law matters.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling to the People and Recruiting Teams and the business on a range of employment-law related issues such as performance management and terminations, leaves of absence / accommodations, and investigating claims, among other areas, focused on the US but also including Canada and potentially LATAM jurisdictions.
- Provide support, in consultation with the Litigation Team, on employment-law related claims and litigation.
- Help with OFCCP and pay data reporting obligations in the US, in collaboration with the Compliance, Finance and People Teams.
- Deliver employment-law related trainings, focused on anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and elimination of bias.
- Provide support to Sales Operations in review and drafting of incentive compensation plans and policies.
- Supervise and advise on internal investigations in consultation with People Partners and Employee Relations.
- Stay apprised of changes in the law and ensure contracts and policies in multiple jurisdictions are updated accordingly.
What We Value
- Experience working with US Federal Contractors and advising on global employment law issues.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems, including non-traditional or undefined problems, creatively and analytically.
- Ability to communicate prioritization and deadlines with internal and external stakeholders, and build constructive, high-trust relationships across teams and functions.
- Sound judgment and composure in high-pressure situations; display discretion and integrity in all interactions.
What We Require
- JD and bar admission in the applicable state of employment.
- 3+ years’ experience as an employment attorney at a top firm or in-house (a combination is even better!)
- Knowledge of and experience with US employment laws, counseling, and investigations.
- Initially 4 days per week in-office which can be reduced to 2-3 days longer term.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $135,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.