Linux Engineer - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir’s impact and productivity in the US Government (USG) space depends on our ability to provide world class Information Systems (IS) to Palantirians. As a Linux Engineer you will streamline and secure our internal facing applications, storage, and physical server environment. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys troubleshooting issues and finding creative technical solutions. You will make data-driven decisions ensuring that we build systems that resolve and proactively address common issues before they impact end users. You automate yourself out of mundane tasks to focus on making a larger impact. You have strong customer service skills and a customer-driven mindset.
We are looking for people who are detail oriented, highly adaptive, and enjoy contributing to a dynamic team environment. If you love solving difficult engineering problems, pushing the boundaries of industry standards, and are passionate about redefining endpoint systems engineering, join our team. We've been waiting for you.
- Design, build, and maintain core services and infrastructure used by Palantir.
- Ensure compliance of current Information Assurance (IA) policies, concepts, and measures when designing, procuring, adopting, and developing new IS
- Configuring and maintaining services across different Linux systems.
- Automate vulnerability and security patching.
- Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles - and how to improve the long-term reliability and scalability of services offered to end users
- Help debug, improve, and optimize services/infrastructure.
What We Value
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to effectively interact with peers, projects, vendors, and other teams
- Passion for systems automation, monitoring, reliability and security
- A self starter passionate about technology and ability to take ownership of your workloads with minimal oversight
- Experience with VMWare, NetApp, Redhat Enterprise Linux, and Atlassian products that we support a plus.
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and vulnerability scanning tools.
What We Require
- Active US DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Strong fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, Firewall, Authentication, end point security, and PKI.
- Expert knowledge in Linux system design, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Ability to identify and automate highly manual tasks via a scripting language, and comfortable with modern configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, ansible)
- Willingness to continuously learn and drive improvements across teams
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.