Senior Analyst, Market Development Strategy
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Analyst to join our Market Development team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Market Development Strategy supports developing and executing on market strategies to achieve growth and profitability targets. The Senior Analyst, Market Development Strategy has a strong focus on using data-driven approaches and partnering with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies. The Senior Analyst, Market Development Strategy works with leadership to identify and address business challenges, develop long-term strategies, and provide input into key decisions impacting the organization.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Market Development Strategy.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $76,800 - $100,800 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $69,120 - $90,720 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Provide analytical support to identify opportunities, develop market-level strategies, and prioritize initiatives based on market opportunities, competitive landscape, growth targets, and performance trends
- Perform market research and analyze key market and competitor trends to inform strategic decision-making
- Work closely with organizational leads to formulate and track progress towards key product and growth initiatives
- Partner and maintain relationships with a variety of cross functional teams to achieve results for essential programs
- Translate data analysis into synthesized, visually appealing insights and conclusions
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or 4+ years commensurate experience
- 1+ years experience in consulting, corporate strategy, market development, finance, or a related field
- 1+ years experience in Excel and Powerpoint, demonstrating proficiency in building models and generating reports, analyzing large datasets, using pivot tables, formulas, and conditional formatting.
- 1+ years Experience synthesizing and summarizing findings through data visualizations and effective storytelling
- 1+ years experience running data and financial analyses of markets or product lines and working cross-functionally to drive opportunities and increase growth & profitability
- 1+ years experience in constructing presentation materials aimed at Senior Leadership
- Healthcare experience and an understanding of provider/payer market, particularly in the ACA marketplace, is strongly preferred
- Management consulting, market research, or data analysis experience
- Experience with Tableau
- Up to 10%
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.