Associate Director, Provider Data Operations
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director, Provider Data Operations to join our Provider Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Associate Director, Provider Data Operations plays a critical role in ensuring the data integrity, accuracy and efficiency of provider data management processes and will be accountable for contracting, configuration, credentialing and provider data management. This role exercises expertise and leadership that is instrumental in maintaining high standards and delivering exceptional service to our internal and external partners.
You will report to the Senior Director, Provider Operations.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York City office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $131,200 - $172,200 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for maintaining accurate provider data within our system, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and meeting organizational objectives, while managing identified operational metrics with the management team, improving outcomes, implementing new strategies, and sharing operational resources to bring results to expectations.
- Develop and implement data strategies in partnership with the data management organization to ensure data integrity throughout the end-to-end processes.
- Develop and perform ongoing quality assurance on production processes by establishing control measures, resolving discrepancies and mitigating risks associated with production output.
- Collaborate with vendor partners to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies of processes, resolve issues proactively and maintain strong partnerships as a team.
- Manage and respond to industry standards, staying up to date with regulations impacting this domain, implementing best practices while ensuring adherence and driving improvement in outcomes.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience (7 years minimum) in provider data management, operations or related role within the healthcare industry.
- 7+ years of experience leadership and team management
- 7+ years of experience demonstrating strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, with a solid attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of operations inventory management, planning for resource shifts, attrition and competing priorities while maintaining steady operations.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information to non-technical stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare management or Master’s degrees in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.