Manager, Contracting Center of Excellence
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Contract Center of Excellence Manager to join our National P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
In this role you will manage, maintain and oversee Oscar's national value based contracting standardization programs and processes throughout the national network. Core functions will be cooperating with operations and Profitability Initiatives, across all our Regions and Lines of Business by working with teams across the company including data, actuarial, tech, contracting, legal, etc.
You will report to the Director of Contract Center of Excellence. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $108,000 - $141,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $97,200 - $127,525 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Manage Contract Standardization efforts while collaborating with key internal stakeholders such as Legal, Operations and Regional P&L teams to optimize the efficiency of the overall contracting lifecycle, including development of template agreements, contracting guardrails, training resources, and other key process decisions
- Manage end to end projects, programs and contracting initiatives in collaboration with PLC, Legal, Finance and P&L
- Partner with Medical Cost Management to analyze internal data to drive insights on operational performance and and build out reporting tools to assist regional P&L teams in driving improvements
- Partner with internal teams such as Finance, Legal and Procurement to improve the collaboration between contracting and other functions, reducing Oscar's risk and improving visibility into our processes
- Develop strategies to drive care to our highest performance network partners
- Drive improvements to related operational processes (e.g. contract ingestion ) that can help drive greater productivity across P&L
- Lead the oversight for direct report(s), including but not limited to coaching, conducting frequent meetings, direction, etc.
- 4+ years of experience solving health plan operational problems
- Experience leading and improving Payer and Reimbursement processes and workflows
- Experience leading a team towards execution of goals and expected outcomes
- Strong experience related to program management ownership and leading across a large cross functional team
- A strong financial/analytical background, and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex financial structures and large amounts of data in order to make commercially intelligent business decisions.
- Orientation towards designing processes systematically while being able to execute quickly within a fast-paced, fluid and goal-oriented environment.
- Experience working within a rapidly scaling organization
- BA/BS Degree
- Masters in Business Administration or healthcare related field(s) preferred
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.